Sunday, March 30, 2014

29 Weeks

Today was my California baby shower, and I have been looking forward to this for quite some time. My friend Barbara has wanted to plan this baby shower since before I even got pregnant, and once I told her, I'm pretty sure one of her first questions was "so can I plan the shower?!" Of course, Barb has an incredible flair for party planning, and she put together the most adorable event! There was a sweet banner reading "Little Adventurer" above the food table, fresh wildflowers everywhere, and a teepee where all of the gifts were stored. You heard that right: Barbara made a teepee for the party! And you better believe Martin and I posed for some pictures after the baby shower in that teepee. I'll have to upload pictures later (Barb took quite a few, so give me a couple of days and I'll add some pictures) so you can see the setup in all of it's cuteness!
I have such a wonderful friend in Barbara. I am so thankful for getting to know her through co-leading our small group together at the Rock. She always knows how to make a pregnant lady feel good: whether it's coming over to watch a movie and giving me a mani/pedi when I'm not feeling so great, or coming up with the most adorable, intricate details for my baby shower, including making a DELICIOUS homemade chocolate cake, complete with a teepee cake topper. Did I mention she did my hair for the baby shower? Yeah, she spoils me.

How far along: 29 weeks and 1 day
Fruit/Vegetable comparison: An acorn squash: he's about 15-26.7 inches in length, and weighed in at just under 4 pounds at our ultrasound this past wednesday (little chunker!)
Total weight gain: 23 pounds
Baby's new developments: Baby is continuing to plump up, and will become more active as we get closer to his due date.
Sleep: Mostly still sleeping well, with one or two bathroom breaks occasionally. I tend to go to bed pretty early, which helps. 
Best moment of the week: My mom got to go with me to our ultrasound on wednesday, and it was fun to see how big he's gotten since our last visit, and for my mom to see the ultrasound for the first time. He has such a cute little profile, and everything is developing perfectly! Apparently our baby may be a hairy little guy: he already has hair growing on his head! I was pretty amazed, considering I haven't really had heartburn, which is supposedly a tell-tale sign of a hairy baby ;) 
Miss anything?: I haven't really felt like I'm missing out on anything this week! 
Movement: Lately, he has little dance parties when I lay down to go to sleep, and occasionally he wakes me up with his little fiestas ;)  
Food cravings: I still love pineapple, but I really wanted a chili dog this week! I couldn't bring myself to actually eat one, because I knew the moment I finished the chili dog, I would have horrible gas and stomach pains (tmi?) so it wasn't worth it, haha. 
Symptoms: Occasional leg cramps, gas pain, frequent bathroom breaks. 
Looking forward to: Working on baby's quilt (I finally started it this weekend!) and getting our space set up for baby! I'm anxious to get everything put together, I don't want to be doing it a month before he's expected to arrive. Hopefully Martin can find some time later this week or weekend since I can't really help with moving any of the furniture around ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment