Sunday, March 23, 2014

28 Weeks - Third Trimester, Here We Go!

As of yesterday, we are officially in the third trimester! I can't believe we are really in the final stretch, and our little guy will be here in just a few more months. At the beginning of this pregnancy, I remember feeling like the days dragged on forever, and most of my focus was on just getting through the day and trying to eat whatever I could stomach. Those first months were rough, and it was hard to enjoy being pregnant and remember through the difficult symptoms that at the end of it all, we would be blessed with a baby.  But now that I have gotten past the all day nausea and other not-so-fun symptoms, I have been enjoying pregnancy and the days go by much quicker. So quickly, sometimes I wish time would slow down so I have more time to get ready for the baby! The reality of all the things that will change are hitting me: We need a place for him to sleep, we need to figure out work schedules, we need to find someone willing to help out with the baby once or twice a week that we can afford, we need to find a pediatrician . . . the list goes on and on, and I feel like time is not on our side. The good news is, I know that God knows all of our needs and will provide for us. Some of the more overwhelming things, the things I'm unsure of as to how it will all come together, I can trust that God will provide for our family just as He always has. And I know to try and take the list on one thing at a time, instead of trying to tackle it all at once.



How far along: 28 weeks and 1 day
Fruit/Vegetable comparison: An eggplant: About 13.6-14.8 inches in length, and 1.5-2.2 pounds.  
Total weight gain: 21 pounds
Baby's new developments: Baby's skin is less wrinkled, and his eyes can now open and close, making him more sensitive to changes in light. 
Sleep: Some nights I sleep through the night just fine, and others I wake up to use the restroom once or twice. I hear I'll be getting up lots towards the end, though!
Best moment of the week: My parents got into town Saturday afternoon, so it has been fun hanging out and visiting with them. They took Martin and I to Babies-R-Us this afternoon to pick out a stroller and car seat, which was such a generous gift! We are excited to have one of our items on the list taken care of! 
Miss anything?: We went to Lazy Dog Cafe in Thousand Oaks last night with my parents, and they have the BEST white peach sangria, so I was pretty bummed I couldn't have any, haha! ;)
Movement: I was cracking up the other day because when I woke up, he was going crazy! I had Martin feel my stomach, because it was as if he was having his own little dance party in my belly and it was too funny to experience all on my own. I think he had hiccups in church this morning, too. At least he isn't kicking my ribs yet, just sticking his feet in there like a foot rest ;)
Food cravings: Pineapple and poached eggs. Not together, though! Although that would seem like a typical weird pregnancy craving  
Symptoms: Sometimes I get leg cramps in the mornings, but that's all I really noticed this week. 
Looking forward to: Ultrasound this wednesday, and my mom will be going with me since she's in town! 

No comments:

Post a Comment