Sunday, March 9, 2014

26 weeks

Yesterday was my baby shower at my parent's home in Salem, Oregon, and my mom really outdid herself! I know she has been so excited to host this since she found out I was pregnant, and it was great to see all of the little details she put into the baby shower. The theme was classic children's books, and my mom was so creative in the decorations and food selection! There was the Very Hungry Caterpillar's fruit salad, Chicken Little's chicken salad, One Fish, Two Fish swedish fish, and lots of other goodies. There were banners with classic children's book characters, a Lorax and some truffula trees, and a big Hungry Caterpillar.
It was so much fun getting to see so many of my friends that are still up here in Oregon. One of the hardest parts of living in California is missing the friendships I have up here. Every time we get to visit, which is few and far between, it feels like a big reunion. I truly miss the relationships up here, but I know that if we were to move back to Oregon, I would feel the same way about relationships in California. It's never easy living apart from people you love, but it makes the times we get to spend together that much sweeter.
The very hungry caterpillar set up by Chaz and Martin  

gift bags with little onesies on the front! 

The Lorax and some truffula trees 

Every food item at the shower was inspired by a children's book

Duckling punch :) 

My little friend giving me some loves! 

26 weeks pregnant! 
How far along: 26 weeks
Fruit comparison: An iceberg lettuce: About 14.5 inches in length, 1.5-2.5 lbs in weight.   
Total weight gain: I didn't weigh myself this week. We were on vacation ;) 
Baby's new developments: Baby has eyelashes that are now developed, and baby's lungs are starting to produce surfactant that coats the inside lining of the lungs, to help expand during breathing. 
Sleep: Still sleeping well. I occasionally wake up earlier than I want to because the baby starts moving around, or I have to use the restroom. 
Best moment of the week: Even though our visit was short, spending time with family and friends back home was definitely my highlight of the week. The baby shower was so much fun, and all the sweet gifts we got for our little man were so thoughtful and generous! 
Miss anything?: I miss living in Oregon! Being home reminds me of friends and family here that I wish we could visit with more often. 
Movement: Kicking, moving around, and wiggling are pretty common for the little guy. He likes to stick his feet in my ribs when I'm sitting down, too. Maybe he sees it as a foot rest? ;)  
Food cravings: No cravings that I can think of! 
Symptoms: Occasional leg cramps, gas pain, and fatigue. Gas pain is so uncomfortable! Looks like I will have to start eating less of my beloved spicy food. 
Looking forward to: All the adorable outfits we will get to put baby boy in when he gets here! Our friends and family picked out some of the cutest things. I also can't wait to read to him all the story books that friends bought us. It really is the sweetest thing to have a little collection of books now that were favorites of people we love when they were growing up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment