Sunday, March 16, 2014

27 Weeks

It's hard to believe we are already coming to a close of the second trimester! I'm glad to finally be feeling better, and not having the icky all day nausea as often as I did for the first 5 1/2 months. I think the last couple of weeks I have actually felt like I've been able to enjoy being pregnant. I don't mean to sound like a pessimist, because it's not as if I haven't enjoyed it at all the first 5 or so months. It's just such a big difference to rarely feel queasy, and at this point, I think most of my nauseous moments are more due to my stomach ulcers and gastritis than to little baby Cottrell!
We had another appointment with my doctor this week and he said everything is looking great, and baby appears to be in good health. I love how God has sustained this baby, and every time we get a check-up, an ultrasound, or even the moments I'm sitting and he starts wiggling around, I am reminded of this verse: "For you formed my inmost parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works, my soul knows it very well (Psalm 139:13-14)." I get to experience what that verse is describing! And it blows my mind. God's goodness towards us is truly awe-inspiring, and I can't wait to tell baby boy all about how great He is.

How far along: 27 weeks
Fruit/Vegetable comparison: A rutabaga. I have never seen nor eaten one of these, haha! He is about 13.6-14.8 inches in length, and 2-2.5 pounds. 
Total weight gain: 21 pounds
Baby's new developments: Baby's brainstem is nearly fully developed, and his cerebral cortex, which forms his ability to think and make voluntary movements, is continuing to develop and become more complex. 
Sleep: I'm back to waking up once or twice a night to use the restroom! And I hear it's just going to be more frequent trips as the months progress ;) 
Best moment of the week: I got to go see a dance performance that two of my high school small group girls were in this friday, and that was so fun! Baby loved it too, he was wiggling and kicking the entire time! 
Miss anything?: Being able to roll over without it taking 5 minutes, haha! I've pretty much slept on one side through the night just because it's such a pain to try and roll over. And often once I do roll over, it's not as comfortable as the other side was. Go figure! 
Movement: He's an active little guy! I should preface that by saying, since I get asked all the time, he is MOST active when I am sitting down, laying down, or just ate something. Also, he is a stubborn little one and usually refuses to move when someone puts their hand on my belly! He will be kicking like crazy, but once a friend goes to feel him move, he's done ;)   
Food cravings: I ate a lot of pineapple this week . . . so maybe that? It was delicious.  
Symptoms: Occasional leg cramps and fatigue. But other than that, it's not too bad these days! Thank the Lord! 
Looking forward to: Our next ultrasound will be on the 26th of March, in just a week and a half, and my mom will be here for that appointment! I'm excited to see how big he's gotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment