Monday, December 30, 2013

16 weeks


The pregnancy app I have on my phone told me that the baby can now hear my voice at this point in the pregnancy! That is so surreal! I just had to share that craziness before moving on :) 
My parents are here visiting from Oregon now, which has been great but also difficult because of my not-so-fun pregnancy symptom of dizziness and fatigue that creeps up randomly it seems. We were all supposed to go to the Santa Barbara zoo on friday with my sister, brother-in-law, and niece but my baby had other plans as I started feeling light headed and woozy, and we ended up just coming home so I could rest. Sometimes pregnancy makes me feel so lazy, because I feel like I'm constantly eating and have days where I can't get much done because I need to eat or else I'll get the dizzies again. Everyone keeps telling me I'm growing a baby, so I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I guess the main frustration is I can't just go hang out with friends on a whim anymore. I have to make sure I've eaten recently enough, that I have some preggie pops and snacks packed in case I start getting hungry or light headed, and sometimes I have to just go home and rest and feel like a party pooper. This baby is making it difficult for me to be much of a social butterfly anymore ;) Still, I keep telling myself, it could be much worse and I want to appreciate that I have had a healthy pregnancy thus far with only a few annoying symptoms.  

How far along: 16 weeks and two days  
Fruit comparison: an avocado (about 4.6 inches long) 
Total weight gain: 7.5 pounds
Maternity clothes: no more belly band, I'm only in maternity pants now, haha! Since the weather has been so nice I've been mostly in jeans and t-shirts (both maternity, of course).  
Sleep: Martin got me a snoogle pillow for Christmas! It's basically a giant body pillow that you can wrap around you a bunch of different ways to make it more comfortable to sleep with during pregnancy. Right now, since my belly isn't so huge, I mostly sleep with the pillow against my back so I don't end up sleeping on my back in the middle of the night. It's nice and cozy, and I'll definitely be thankful to have it later on! 
Best moment of the week: I don't know that I can pick just one! Having my parents come to visit, spending Christmas with my sister, her husband and niece, my mom taking me to buy some maternity clothes (thanks mom!) . . . I think just being able to spend a lot of time with family this week has been great. Oh! My sister-in-law Brittney gave me her fetal doppler to borrow as well, which allows you to listen to the baby's heartbeat! I think that's my new favorite toy, haha! Sometimes when I'm just sitting at home I'll get it out to listen for a few minutes. :) 
Miss anything?: As I mentioned earlier, I think just being able to go do things on a whim. Everything seems to revolve around how much I've eaten, when I last ate, and how much water I've been drinking. I told Martin yesterday eating just feels like a chore now, I have to do it so often and lately I feel so picky! 
Movement: I think I might have felt the baby move for the first time this week! But it might have just been gas, haha. It's hard to tell at this point. 
Food cravings: I've realized this week that one thing I have wanted, not every day, but at least 2 or 3 times a week this pregnancy, has been a Jersey Mike's number 6 mini sandwich, made Mike's Way. I've always liked Jersey Mike's, but not to the point where I'll have had it the day before yesterday and think "I really want Jersey Mike's for lunch" again. 
Symptoms: occasional nausea/faintness if I don't eat often enough (I promise I am trying to eat frequently and making sure I'm eating well! Like I said, I've just never had to pay this much attention to eating before, so it's annoying!). Occasional headaches, and I'm pretty much ready for bed by 8:30 or 9 most nights. 
Looking forward to: My parents are in town til the 2nd or 3rd, so I'm glad we get to spend more time with them while they're here!

No comments:

Post a Comment