Monday, December 2, 2013

12 Weeks - First Pregnancy Post!

Hi friends!
Now that the news is officially out there, I wanted to keep a blog to share weekly updates on how crazy and surreal it is to have a little person growing inside of me, haha! My friend Kristin kept a weekly blog during her pregnancy, and since she lives in Philadelphia now, I loved getting to see her weekly updates on how she was doing and how baby Cal was growing. So that inspired me to do the same throughout my pregnancy.
The last couple of months since we found out the good news have seemed to go by incredibly slowly! It was so hard to "keep it a secret" from everyone. Of course we told our close friends and family and it was such a blessing to me to receive words of encouragement and prayer support, especially during those early weeks when it was all so new and foreign. I really needed the reminders to trust in God's faithfulness and sovereignty in forming this little one.
The best part of sharing the news has been the overwhelming enthusiasm and excitement our friends and family have shared with us. Nothing feels better than having those you love share in your joy! So thank you, for rejoicing along with us! Check out my sweet little bump in the photo below, and the section below I will be updating weekly!

 

How far along: 12 weeks!
Fruit comparison: a plum 
Total weight gain: I think 4-5 pounds? I'll have to start weighing myself, haha
Maternity Clothes: I got a belly band this weekend and that's been pretty nice since I can't button my pants anymore! But now I want to show off my little bump, so I'm not wearing as loose fitting shirts as I was the last two weeks. 
Sleep: I try to go to bed early, and most nights I wake up to use the bathroom. 
Best moment of the week: Sharing the big news with the rest of the world! It was so fun to get all the phone calls, texts, and comments of congratulations and excitement. 
Miss anything?: Coffee! I have avoided it for the first trimester, but I'm going to ask our doctor at our appointment this wednesday if it's ok to start drinking it again. 
Movement: Not that I can feel yet!
Food cravings: This one has been different every week! This week, I'm loving breakfast smoothies. My nutri bullet is once again my best friend ;) 
Symptoms: A little nausea, but nothing too bad. I'm not as tired as I was for the last few months. I have had a little dizzy episodes once or twice, but mostly I've been getting the pregnancy headaches. 
Looking forward to: Our 12 week ultrasound! It's this wednesday!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment