Saturday, December 14, 2013

14 weeks

This week has been full of showing off my baby bump. Not that I can help it anymore, baby C just likes to be obvious apparently! I get all kinds of comments, from "I can't believe you're already showing!", to "It's pretty early, you must just be bloated still" (who thinks this is ok to say to a pregnant lady?!) and my favorite, "you're baby bump is so adorable!". Thank you to my friends who know that as much as I love having this baby making an appearance already, this is still a completely new experience for me and it's easy to feel self conscious about these changes. I'm trying to remember to embrace the bump (my baby is in there! woohoo!) and not take to heart the comments that are not so kind. My prayer on the days I have a hard time with these changes has been that I would remember that we asked God for this and He answered! That my body is going to change, my belly is going to look like a watermelon, and that just means there is a sweet little baby continuing to grow in there. I can't wait to meet our little love bug. June can't come fast enough!


How far along: 14 weeks!
Fruit comparison: a lemon
Total weight gain: I think I need to buy a new scale. Ours at home says I weigh 2 pounds less than the one I weighed in at my doctor's office.
Maternity Clothes: I still wear a lot of my other shirts, but I only like one pair of my own jeans right now, and I wear those with a belly band. Time to go buy some maternity pants!
Sleep: Still trying to go to bed early, so I can get a full 8 hours in. Other than that, nothing abnormal.
Best moment of the week: Well, I would have said getting my hair colored, since I have been waiting for this day for what feels like forever, but baby C had other plans! I made it through half of my hair coloring appointment before I got really lightheaded and decided to continue at another time. Not sure if it was low blood sugar, the fumes, or a combination of the two, but it's pretty funny to me now. At the time, I was pretty annoyed and felt bad to have to ask Barbara to stop and continue later. But not only is she my hair dresser, she's my best friend. So she was pretty forgiving ;)
Miss anything?: Nope. The typical things everyone misses I didn't like before anyway (sushi, rare steaks, etc.), except for coffee.
Movement: Not yet. I read that if I poke my belly, baby will wiggle. So sometimes I will do that and wonder if it's moving around, haha! Writing that down just shows how weird I am.
Food cravings: Still breakfast smoothies. I've also probably had 3 green apples a day this week, but I'm not so sure if I've craved them. They've just always been delicious.
Symptoms: Occassional headaches (I've been using peppermint oil when I start to get them, thanks for the suggestion everyone!) and major pregnancy brain! I feel so incredibly forgetful, it's annoying!
Looking forward to: My family is coming to visit right after Christmas, and I can't wait to see all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment