Saturday, December 21, 2013

15 weeks

So I switched to a new prenatal vitamin this week after having headaches almost every day, a few different episodes of dizziness, and feeling very tired overall. I knew my prenatal didn't have iron, but I'm not anemic, so I didn't think it was a big deal. But after calling my doctor and talking to him about my headaches & dizziness, he pointed out that since my body is producing 50% more blood I really do need that extra iron! Since I've taken the new prenatal, I haven't had as many headaches, and if I get them they aren't as bad. Woohoo! :) 


How far along: 15 weeks :) 
Fruit comparison: an orange 
Total weight gain: I still haven't bought a new scale . . . but I would guess I'm at 6 or 7 pounds gained now? 
Maternity clothes: belly band with my jeans, leggings, and maternity shirts. All day. Every day. 
Sleep: I feel like I toss and turn a lot while I sleep. Plus, I constantly wake up realizing I'm sleeping on my back and have to roll over to my side. I've been told I'm not supposed to sleep on my back, but I can't remember why, haha! 
Best moment of the week: I finally made it through getting my hair done!! Thanks to my girl Barbara, snacks, fresh air while the color was setting, and a full meal before my appointment, this attempt went much better than last weeks. Now I have new color I LOVE and a haircut I feel the same way about. Barb always makes me look way better than I ever do! Plus, I ADORE getting my hair shampoo'ed by Barb. She always gives the best scalp massage ;) 
Miss anything?: I miss wearing some of my favorite blouses haha! And my skinny jeans . . . 
Movement: Nothing yet! 
Food cravings: Apples and oranges! One of my small group girls brought me some oranges from her orange tree and I've probably had two of those a day. They are delicious!! (Thanks Felicity!) 
Symptoms: occasional nausea still (rarely though), and mostly I just feel like I'm boring because most days I want to go to bed at 8:30 lately! 
Looking forward to: I get the next two weeks off work, thanks to my awesome boss at Cornerstone!! I'm excited to have that time off so I can enjoy Christmas and my family coming to visit!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see that you and your baby are good. Wish you the best with the rest of your pregnancy.

    Que es tu mayor antojo? :)

    Saludos

    Paola Sumoza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paola! Thank you! :)
      I don't really know what my worst symptom has been, I seem to go through them sporadically. Sometimes I'll be nauseated, some days I'll be super tired, and other days I'll just get headaches. I seem to be constantly forgetful though, so maybe pregnancy brain? haha :)

      Delete