Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Graduation and Financial Update


Big news in the Cottrell household: I graduated from EBC this weekend! It was wonderfully surreal receiving my diploma and being prayed over by our amazing staff. Yvonne almost made me cry when she prayed over me, and I definitely had my fair share of tears hearing prayers of fellow graduates and reflecting on these past 3 years. God has been so good to me as He has molded me and made me more and more like Him through my time at EBC. I am so thankful! I’ve included a few highlight pictures from the day at the bottom of the post.

In other news, we received an update from Encompass, the mission organization we are partnering with, concerning purchasing our flight tickets for Argentina. The system Encompass goes by for ticket purchasing is that missionary’s need 80% of funding before they purchase our flight. For us, that 80% is $4,800. Originally, we had hoped to reach that number by the end of June, beginning of July. However, as of late, flights to Argentina during the month of August are becoming less and less available, which leads to the possibility of ticket prices rising anywhere from a couple hundred dollars to an additional $2,000. In hopes of avoiding such an extreme price increase, we are now aiming for purchasing the flights by the beginning of June. If you are thinking, isn’t that a week away? You are right! And it is definitely much sooner than we anticipated needing that 80%! I fully believed God could provide for us the funds within a month, but a week is a bit more of a challenge for me.
I have been meditating on and praying through two Scriptures that are a great source of encouragement and hope for me since we learned of the new goal:
Hebrews 10:23 “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.”
Mark 10:27 “Jesus looked at them and said, ‘with man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.’”
These are the two truths I am clinging to right now: that I can hold fast to God because He is faithful, and because He does the impossible!
We wanted to share with you this financial update to let you know what is currently an urgent need for us. We want to avoid any additional expenses related to airfare, and would ask those of you who were interested in supporting us to please make your donations as soon as you are able to! We are so thankful for your generosity and desire to partner with us as we pursue the possibilities of long-term ministry in Argentina! You can either mail in a check written out to Encompass World Partners to this address:
Encompass World Partners P.O. Box 80065 City of Industry, CA 91716
OR you can go to the Encompass website, encompassworldpartners.org, and go to  “Give” or “Give Now” to make a donation via credit or debit card. That will bring you to a page where you can choose “Give to a Missionary”, type in our names since we are not long-term through Encompass just yet, and enter in a donation amount. The site should walk you through the rest easily!
We hope you will join us in praying, as we trust God with our needs related to ticket purchases now! We are waiting on Him and excited to see how He will provide!
Blessings,

Ali 
 Posing for our group picture. There were 23 of us total graduating! The biggest graduating class thus at Eternity Bible College!
 Prayer by the EBC staff and board members. Yvonne, my mentor, prayed over me specifically.
Thankful for all God has done during my time at EBC, including bringing this wonderful man into my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment