Thursday, May 31, 2012

32.5% funded!

Good afternoon everyone!
This week, we received our first financial support update. When I opened up that spreadsheet, my mouth dropped open and I started to cry. Not full force, because I happened to be in Coffee Bean and couldn't bring myself to crying like that in public. But I was so overwhelmed and moved to realize that in just one week, God provided for us in a HUGE way: We received 32.5% of our funding! In just ONE WEEK!! Is anyone else just completely baffled by this reality?! Beyond that, I am humbled by the incredible generosity of so many of you. Knowing that everyone has their fair share of bills to pay, rent due, and so many are working jobs that allow them to just get by, I cannot express how thankful I am for your generous sacrifice. This reminds me of how Paul describes the cheerful giver in 2 Corinthians 9:6-15:
"The point is this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. As it is written,
“He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor;
his righteousness endures forever.”
He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God. For the ministry of this service is not only supplying the needs of the saints but is also overflowing in many thanksgivings to God. By their approval of this service, they will glorify God because of your submission that comes from your confession of the gospel of Christ, and the generosity of your contribution for them and for all others, while they long for you and pray for you, because of the surpassing grace of God upon you. Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!"

Now when I read this passage, so many of you come to mind, and I am overjoyed. I am blessed by how you live out the Gospel, and how richly you will be blessed as a result of your generous giving! I am certain He will bless you all 100 fold for your sacrifices.

Another wonderful update I wanted to share: We have purchased our plane tickets!! I know your thinking, "wait . . . I thought you needed 80% of your funding for that to happen?" and yes, that is true, as that is normally Encompass' protocol when it comes to purchasing flights. However, praise God, they decided to make an exception for us as they believe God has shown He is providing for us already and wanted to honor that by purchasing our plane tickets now! To say I am amazed, is really an understatement. I never even thought that would be a possibility! When I prayed, I said "Lord, I trust that either you will bring in 80% of our funding in a week, or bring in the additional $2,000. Either way, I trust you." I didn't imagine this alternative! God likes to show up in BIG ways, doesn't He?!

I am so full of joy and thankfulness right now. I hope you all can join us in praising God for how He is reminding us that He has a plan and will see it through!!

Blessings,

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment