Saturday, February 21, 2015

Baby Elliott: 8 Months!


In just four short months, my baby will be a year old. How is this happening already?! I know every post I say "I can't believe how big he is getting", or "where did my little baby go?" or something along those lines, but writing this blog every month makes me that much more aware of how fast the days and weeks fly by. Of course, in the midst of them I feel like the days drag on and there's always something that I need to do around the house while Elliott is refusing to let me put him down (yay for the ergo!). In those moments, I look forward to the days that he will be more independent and will think vacuuming or using the swiffer is a game. But when he's asleep on my chest, or giggling uncontrollably at the silly faces I make, I feel like my heart could burst and I want to freeze those moments in time and keep him this little forever. 

A few weeks ago, Elliott got really sick and started throwing up every 15 minutes. He was so miserable and it was agonizing to watch him. He had never thrown up before this, and the look on his face was a combination of confusing, misery, and fear. We were both so scared, because we didn't know what was going on and what could possibly make him throw up so frequently. We were able to see the pediatrician right away, and he said to monitor him for the next couple hours and bring him back if he was still throwing up. I cried at one point because it was incredibly difficult to watch him so helpless and miserable and not be able to do anything to make it stop. We just kept praying that God would heal him and rid him of whatever was making him so sick. Thankfully, it passed almost as quickly as it came on, and within a couple of hours he was resting, and by that evening he was back to his normal self. We still have no idea what made him so sick, but are thankful God healed him so quickly! 
getting some much needed sleep after a rough day

Elliott has been growing so much, and hitting some developmental milestones. He sits up on his own now and is very stable. He even tries to get into a crawling position, but isn't quite stable with that just yet. He plays with his toys and has moved beyond just his favored water bottle. He will eat a few bites of solid foods once or twice a day, but still favors nursing. Hopefully in the coming months he realizes solid foods are just as tasty! 

Here are some stats on our little munchkin:


Currently Elliott enjoys: 
- sitting up on his own 
- silly faces 
- chewing on whatever he can get his hands on
- playing with his stacking pyramid
- saying "dada" 
- growling and sounding like a gremlin
- kissing his mommy (also my favorite, for obvious reasons)


Elliott couldn't care less for: 
- the vacuum 
- 98% of baby food 
- being left alone for more than 3 seconds 








No comments:

Post a Comment