Sunday, June 8, 2014

39 weeks

I pretty much feel like I've hit a wall this weekend. All I wanted to do Friday and Saturday is sleep, and then Saturday night I had low back pain that kept me up and now it's 7:45 PM and I am about to fall asleep at my computer. I'll probably go straight to bed after I post this. I just wanted to update the blog since it may be my last update, according to my mom ;) She's convinced the baby is coming this week. In fact, more specifically, she thinks he's coming in the next couple of days. We'll see what happens! Either way, I definitely feel like I am ready for him to get here since I'm pretty uncomfortable and exhausted as of late! I'm going to eat some raspberries now and go to bed.

This is the face of me being sleep deprived from back pain all night. I guess that's prep for parenthood, right? 

How far along: 39 weeks and 1 day
Fruit/Vegetable comparison: A watermelon: 18.9 to 20.9 inches in length, and anywhere from 6.5-9.2 pounds. Doctor said he thinks the baby is anywhere from 7-8 lbs right now. I guess we'll find out soon enough!
Total weight gain: 35 pounds
Baby's new developments: Baby is likely able to flex his limbs now, and is still continuing to develop lots of important brain function.
Sleep: I have officially hit the point in my pregnancy where sleep does not come easily to me. I wake up multiple times in the middle of the night, can't get comfortable, and can't sleep for too long of  a stretch. Naps are great at this point, when I can fit them in. Recently (as in just last night) I had some pretty bad low back pain, and woke Martin up to get me an ice pack. I think it's the way baby is pushing against my spine while I lay down. But I don't really know. All I know is it hurts! 
Best moment of the week: My two glorious naps on friday and saturday, haha! They were both a couple hours long and I loved the extra rest. All I want to do lately is sleep! 
Miss anything?: Pre-pregnancy sleep. All I can think about lately is how much I miss sleep. I guess that won't change anytime soon, haha!
Movement: He's still an active little guy, as always. He likes to squirm a lot. Which is always good to be reminded he's doing well. 
Food cravings: Raspberries. I think I ate three different small cartons of them this week! 
Symptoms: Fatigue, braxton hicks, swollen feet, low back pain . . . I'm just exhausted and over being pregnant at this point. 
Looking forward to: Maybe having a baby this week?! We shall see! 


No comments:

Post a Comment