Saturday, May 10, 2014

35 Weeks

We've got about 5 weeks left until we meet our little guy, and I can't believe how soon that is! We've been taking birthing class at Los Robles hospital, and it's been fun to meet other soon-to-be parents and learn about what we can expect to experience in the different stages of labor. This last thursday we got to watch the birth video, and everyone in the room had such different reactions, it was pretty entertaining. Martin handled it just fine, since he's actually seen the video of his own birth (yes, you read that right. According to him, it's like Inception), and I teared up because it still amazes me to see babies being born. There were other people in the class, however, who were not as prepared for seeing how babies come into the world. My favorite was the shocked "OH MY GOSH" from one of the moms in the class when they showed the birth.
Maybe I'm naive, but I'm looking forward to labor and delivery. At the end of each birthing class, I feel more informed and better prepared for what to expect. I feel confident in the staff at the hospital, and trust that the nurses really do want to help us have the best experience possible. I know that labor will be painful, but we've been learning relaxation techniques in class, and I know that I always have the option of the epidural if I want it. At the end of it all, I know we will get to finally meet our sweet little man, and that's what makes me the most excited when I think about my upcoming labor and delivery. He will finally be here! I keep wondering what he will look like, what it will feel like to finally hold him, to kiss his little face. I can't wait!



How far along: 35 weeks 
Fruit/Vegetable comparison: A coconut! About 5-5.8 pounds, and 17.2-18.7 inches in length. 
Total weight gain: 29 pounds
Baby's new developments: Baby's hearing is fully developed, which Martin and I have been testing his response to different music! Currently we're listening to the Beatles and he seems to be enjoying the Blue Album. :)
Sleep: Pretty much getting up every night to use the restroom. Other than that I'm falling asleep pretty quickly still. It's just hard to get in and out of bed. 
Best moment of the week: I've been enjoying time at the pool in our condo complex. It's my favorite form of exercise now. Plus, no one uses the pool, so I have the place all to myself to swim, float, and just hang out. 
Miss anything?: I miss my pre-pregnancy self: as in, not feeling nauseous and over-heated, and getting tired and feeling winded over basic activities. 
Movement: I keep trying to get his movement on video, because you can see my belly move so often when he does it! But baby doesn't like to perform. I'm pretty sure he knows whenever I get my camera out. 
Food cravings: Jersey Mike's sandwiches, Izze sparkling juice, and berries. Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries. All delicious. 
Symptoms: Shortness of breath, hot flashes, occasional nausea, occasional back aches, fatigue, minor aches and cramps when the baby moves into an uncomfortable position. I was talking to my friend Caitlin and she shared with me her last trimester she just felt sick and tired the majority of the time. I can sympathize! 
Looking forward to: We have two more sessions in birthing class, and then it's the final countdown to meeting our little man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment