Sunday, April 13, 2014

31 Weeks

I still can't believe we are only 9 weeks away from my due date. The days seem to go by so quickly lately, and our to do list seems impossible to complete! I know we will get it done, but since Martin and I only really have Sundays off together, it's hard to get much of it together. However, last weekend alone, Martin and his friend Sam rearranged our bedroom furniture while I supervised, we set up the crib, and found a compact changing table that fit perfectly in our room! We didn't think we would be able to house a changing table, since everything is going in the bedroom with us, but we were pleasantly surprised to find there was more space than we anticipated when all of the furniture was finally moved around. Our next big project is to build the toy/baby storage system that will go in our living room. Martin and his mom will be putting it together, and I'll paint it once it's all finished. We also have many small projects, but those will come together soon enough! :)


How far along: 31 weeks
Fruit/Vegetable comparison: A pineapple. My app says his weight would be around 3.5-3.8 pounds, but I estimate he's heavier since at our last ultrasound he was just under 4 pounds, and 15.2-16.7 inches in length. 
Total weight gain: 26 pounds
Baby's new developments: Baby's eyes can now react to light (crazy!) and all five of his senses are in working order. His bones are hardening, with the exception of his skull.
Sleep: Still sleeping well throughout the night, thankfully! Most nights the baby wiggles around for a bit, but he's typically calmed down by the time I fall asleep. 
Best moment of the week: I've really enjoyed seeing the baby's space come together in our bedroom, and getting things ready for him to join us. It feels all the more real to have his crib set up, and his clothes all washed and put away in his little dresser! 
Miss anything?: Not feeling like I'm missing out on much these days!  
Movement: He seems to constantly be moving, although I know that's an exaggeration. My mom said to count his kicks every 8 hours, but he moves much more frequently than that, so I haven't really started counting anything yet.  
Food cravings: I ate quesadillas almost every day this week, but I think that was more because of what we had in the fridge than anything else :) A crepe sounds delicious right about now, but I have no idea where I would get one. 
Symptoms: The baby feels really heavy lately. Not that it's a symptom, but I'm starting to feel the weight in the front a lot more than before. Shortness of breath, and occasional backaches. 
Looking forward to: I have an "interview" set up with Dr.Brooks, who will most likely be our pediatrician this coming friday! I am really looking forward to being able to ask him questions and see if he is the right fit for our family. I have only heard good things about him, so I'm hoping we like him, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment